Healthcare That Works For Us
ObamaCare has been a disaster. Healthcare costs for middle class Americans continue to rise year after year with no end in sight. I will work to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with a conservative plan that includes:
- Free market solutions to reduce costs and expand access like buying across state lines
- Allowing dependents to remain covered up to 26 years old
- Guaranteeing coverage for individuals with pre-existing conditions
- Reducing the cost of prescription drugs
Stronger Border Security
We need to put America first, for a change! That’s why I stand with President Trump in his effort to protect our borders and keep America safe.
- Fund President Trump’s border wall
- Eliminate sanctuary cities, making sure they enforce the laws of the land
- Support E-Verify
Creating Jobs & Growing The Economy
Government all too often makes it harder for American businesses to thrive. As a small business owner, I know firsthand how difficult government regulations make it to do our jobs. Now, more than ever, we need leaders in Washington who have the experience and understanding to get the job done.
- Keep taxes low so you can keep more of your own hard-earned money. After all, you know how to spend it better than the government.
- Simplify the tax code to make the system easier for small businesses
- Educators know that college isn’t the best career path for everyone. We need to invest in workforce and technical education to give students better options after they graduate from high school.
- Cutting red tape and rolling back needless regulations so business can expand, hire more people and lead the way to a new generation of American prosperity.
The right to life is enshrined in our Constitution, and I will always stand up and fight to protect that right in Congress. My priorities to protect the sanctity of life include:
- Defund Planned Parenthood
- Oppose any taxpayer-funded abortions
- Support our local pregnancy centers
- Protect the lives of all of the unborn
Drain The Swamp
We need to drain the swamp and remind Washington bureaucrats that our government belongs to the people. In Congress, I’ll be one of the loudest voices for a transparent and accountable federal government.
- There are a whole host of unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats who make things unnecessarily difficult, and at significant economic cost. In Congress, I will work with President Trump to drain the swamp.
- Make lobbying reforms a priority. Your servant leaders should put people first, not profits and special interests.
- Lead by example by voting against pay raises, opposing unnecessary spending packages, and opposing multi-issue bills that clutter must-pass bills
Prioritizing National Security
As a P-3 Pilot and Mission Commander, I understand the importance of achieving peace through strength. That’s President Trump’s foreign policy, and it’s mine too.
- Continue President Trump’s efforts to support our troops. He will ensure that they have the training and equipment they need to come home safe
- We must stand up to radical terrorist organizations and rogue states like North Korea
- Support President Trump’s efforts to get our allies to pay their fair share of defense costs
Protecting Our Veterans
Veterans fought for us and defended our values on the front lines. Now, it is the government’s job to make sure they receive the care they earned.
- Clean-up and reform the VA, so that veterans can get better access to the care they earned
- Continue to help ease the transition for veterans from active duty service to civilian life
- Make sure veterans in our community get education on and get connected to resources that can help them
Securing Our Second Amendment
President Ronald Reagan once said, “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” I am reminded of that now famous quote as I see the progressive left continue their assault on our Second Amendment rights. As your representative, I will be an unwavering supporter of our Second Amendment.
- US Navy Qualified Weapons Training
- Second Amendment Defender
- NRA Member
Agriculture is a National Security Issue
American agriculture leads the world in innovation and the production of high-quality foods that feed our nation. The Covid-19 pandemic proves we can no longer rely on a disjointed supply chain of imports coming from places without the best interests of Americans at heart. From blueberry growers in Alachua County to potato farmers in Putnam, agriculture is the lifeblood of North Florida, and as a member of Congress I will advocate for sensible and practical agricultural policies that make a real difference in the lives of both producers and consumers.
- Promote American Agriculture over imports and unfair trade agreements
- Support Agriculture Innovation programs like those at UF’s IFAS
- Protect federal disaster aid to farmers
- Support the expansion of rural broadband